Senior Content Producer
The Institute for Transformational Learning seeks an experienced Senior Content Producer who is committed to quality, excellence in execution, and innovation. Provide leadership to our vibrant team of extreme practitioners of the art of producing high quality learning materials and pathways for state of the art and emergent delivery. Together we will achieve our bold mandate to innovate, inspire, and transform lives by creating and realizing the educational models of the future.
- Facilitate the development and production of programs that utilize high impact pedagogies and demonstrate new models of education.
- Supervise staff on the program design and development team as assigned.
- Set and maintain production budgets and assign budgetary accountability to appropriate staff for all projects.
- Plan and implement design and production processes to facilitate balance between maximum creativity, problem-solving, and efficiency between ITL staff, faculty and leadership at our academic partners.
- Manage vendor relationships including budgets, timelines.
- Collaborate with leadership across the ITL, including student services and operations, technology, legal and finance, strategic partnerships, and creative services.
- Work with production and engineering vendors to develop each component to the fullest potential of digital/mobile delivery.
- Manage complex production budgets and report on ROI of related decisions.
- Remain relentlessly informed about new methodologies, technologies, processes and opportunities which will further the ITL’s goals, speed our pursuit of our mission, and transform the professional and educational lives of our colleagues, our partners, and ultimately, the students at University of Texas institutions.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree and minimum of three years of experience in instructional design/technology, curriculum and instruction, higher education, or a related field from a regionally accredited university.
- Demonstrated experience implementing new learning models and bringing innovative ideas to fruition.
- Experience in the development, management and operations of hybrid/online programs in higher education or the development of content for use in higher education at scale
- Experience managing instructional design and production personnel
- Experience working with emergent online platforms or technologies
- Experience managing budgets for multiple large scale content design, development and production projects.
- Solid understanding of best practices in hybrid/online higher education, including organizational models, delivery formats, technology tools, instructional design, staffing, processes and workflow
- Demonstrated ability to use knowledge of learning theory, instructional design principles, and management of staff and vendors to create beautiful, functional learning objects and programs
- Demonstrated leadership and communication skill in working on highly collaborative fast-paced teams
- Demonstrated ability to successfully deploy change management strategies when working with internal and external stakeholders
- Demonstrated experience managing multiple vendor relationships in order to achieve increased efficiency, scale, or cost containment.
- Masters-level degree or PhD in a disciplinary area that aligns with targeted programming trajectories.
- Experience with competency-based learning design. Experience with learning analytics, game design, simulation, assessment and other virtual platforms. Strong understanding of instructional design principles, learning theory, and instructional technology and experience applying this knowledge to real world projects.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in the development, management and operations of hybrid/online programs in higher education or the development of content for use in higher education at scale
- Minimum of 3 years of experience managing instructional design and production personnel
- Minimum of 3 years of experience managing budgets for multiple large scale content design, development and production projects.
- Experience working collaborative across multiple departments and campuses
- Experience communicating successfully with campus leadership and faculty to work toward common goals
- Knowledge of or experience with government regulations related to higher education as well as regional accreditation processes and requirements
- Knowledge of or experience with university and state procurement requirements, including the RFP, MSA, and SOW management process.
- Comfortable with ambiguity; can effectively cope with change and shift direction as needed to address emerging ITL directions and needs
- Highly organized with the ability to work both independently and as a team member. Commitment to design-centric thinking and processes. High energy, enthusiasm, and creativity.
Read the full job description and apply for this role through the UT System website.