Project Manager Director
The Director of the Project Management at the Institute for Transformational Learning leads the team that maintains the standards of process and methodology of all our programs and projects designed to create and realize future models of higher education. The PMO ensures our projects are completed on time, within budget, and delivers measurable business and stakeholder benefits. The PMO is a strategic driver for organizational excellence and seeks to enhance economies of repletion, scale, and strategic change.
The PMO leader must possess exceptional leadership, strategic planning, strategy execution, professional and interpersonal agility along with strong analytical and problem solving skills with a focus on delivering programs, projects for the organization on time, budget and, quality.
- Responsible for overall project delivery, project management, and resource capacity management of Project and Production Managers teams who are responsible for delivering small, medium and large projects for the Institute for Transformational Learning.
- Plan and lead PMO resources and requirements.
- Work closely with the ITL executive team to create the model process for program development including program selection; concept design; business modeling; blueprinting; learning experience design; IT platform design, integration, and development; student lifecycle management; budgeting; strategic partnerships; contract and legal negotiations; vendor management and procurement; and program operations. Implement and adapt this model program project plan across all ITL projects through Project and Production Management teams.
- To deliver high quality project services and project documents using the companies agreed Project Management Process and Standards which include scoping, budgeting, planning, resourcing, communications to meet and manage business expectations with a professional customer focused attitude.
- Work closely with ITL executive team on strategic initiatives.
- Facilitates and coordinates cross-functional IT teams in support of project delivery to identity and mitigate risks, escalation of issues to senior management, lead resolution of issues and to approve any scope changes.
- Performs people management, coaching, mentoring for project team members.
- Maintain oversight of the program budgets and program cost management.
- Continuously improves project delivery by exploring and instituting new project management methodologies to improve efficiency and effectiveness of project delivery as appropriate.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree and 10+ years of project management experience
- 5-10+ years of experience managing people and project teams preferred
- Deep experience and demonstrated leadership in managing stakeholder teams
- Advanced user in project management tools (e.g. MS Project, Smart sheet, Asana, Jira)
- Knowledge of applicable business operations preferred
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate ideas and persuade others to accomplish challenging goals & objectives
- Demonstrated business acumen in communicating and collaborating at various levels in an organization
- Demonstrated experience in developing and presenting information to senior management
- Excellent people, process and performance management skills
- Can manage multiple complex projects and responsibilities
- High energy, enthusiasm, and creativity
- Must interact effectively on cross-organizational teams
- Experience in sourcing, evaluating, selecting, retaining, and managing external vendors.
- Master’s Degree or professional certification e.g. PMP, ITIL or PgMP
- Demonstrated understanding of the higher education environment and ability to successfully work with faculty and instructors
- Highly organized and able to work both independently and as a team member
- Comfortable with ambiguity; can effectively cope with change and shift direction as needed to address emerging project needs
- Experience with the University of Texas System RFP, MSA and SOW process
- Demonstrated ability to apply knowledge of project management tools and techniques to set up new projects with nascent established processes.